Geographical Regions Covered:
Norrie Waite & Slater Solicitors
Sheffield, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Special Initial Interview Offer:
Free initial half hour interview, legal aid available
Head of Family Team:
Family Team Members:
Julie Reid, Hannah Throup, Linsey Duggan, Emily Abbey, Sarah Ewbank, Mark Breislin, Victoria Platten, Bradie Pell
Hannah Throup, Emily Abbey, Sarah Ewbank
Resolution areas of expertise:
Domestic abuse, children law – disputes between parents or relatives
Specialist panel memberships:
Conveyancing, Criminal Defence, Child Care, Wills & Probate, Accident Claims, Litigation, Housing
Norrie Waite & Slater solicitors have a team of highly experienced family solicitors based at our branches throughout Sheffield, Rotherham and Killamarsh.
We offer confidential, expert legal advice and sympathetic support, whatever difficulties you may be experiencing.
Whatever your financial circumstances, we can help. We offer a free initial consultation for all new clients and we can provide legal aid to cover your legal fees, for qualifying clients.
We offer advice on all areas of family law including:
- Separation (married and unmarried couples)
- Child contact, child residence and child maintenance
- Financial settlements
- Domestic abuse
Our website contains extensive information on:
- Grounds for divorce
- Divorce frequently asked questions
- Divorce and finances frequently asked questions
- The cost of divorce
- Legal aid for divorce and family matters
- Unmarried fathers rights
We also offer advice on:
Top of page
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Collaborative law
- Unmarried couples / cohabitation agreements
- Civil partnerships (dissolution and pre-partnership agreements)
- Change of name
What does a divorce cost?
When we talk about the cost of a divorce it is important to remember that there are up to three different elements involved, depending on your circumstances:
- Divorce: this means the purely legal aspect of bringing the marriage formally to an end.
- Finances and property: agreeing things such as who will have the family home, how other assets are distributed and whether maintenance will be payable.
- Children: agreeing who your children will live with, contact rights for the other partner and financial maintenance.
Divorce solicitors charge fees on an hourly basis so the cost of your divorce will depend on the number and complexity of the issues to be resolved. Some people are entitled to legal aid to cover the cost of a divorce. Click here to see our page on legal aid for divorce.
Read divorce costs article